Monday 17 July 2017

MAKE-UP CRAZE!

So I have been meaning to write this article for a while and maybe I didn't just find the right motivation, but I got it this morning. Sure you are wondering 'how e take concern me'? Well, that's story for another day.

I saw this pretty lady yesterday on her way to church; apparently, my cousins Landlords daughter, and she was looking really nice with her face padded and lips glittering red. This morning I saw her again, this time in her pyjamas and natural face, and I almost didn't recognize Seun anymore, trust me she looked a lot more prettier than the lady I saw yesterday; dazzling light complexion, seemingly invisible mustache and bright eyes, I was moved say hello, and I sure did tell her she looked really pretty. You can vet she gave me the famous reply; "Like this?" They never believe they are pretty unless they have their make-ups on.

Make-ups have increasingly become more of a 'ritual' than a what they are meant to be; 'make-ups'. Eyebrows on fleek, eye shadows (sometimes of weird colors), foundations in multiple layers, contours, and lips almost dripping from coloring, and sadly any lady who isn't able to have all these on, especially on an outing, feels less than a lady. This is even outside the recent explosion in the make-up industry, where literally almost every lady has become a make-up artist.

If you think am kidding, the next time you go on a public function, look out for a Lady who isn't on some serious makeup, you may only find, in this category, children less than 12years of age, and may not even find a lot of them. I know some people are getting their axes ready to chop my head off, but hear me out first.

Make-ups are great. Even the very heavy ones are great on a few occasions, and can save some people a blackmail on their self-esteem, but make-ups are not necessary all the time, and more so not even really necessary for some people, because without mincing words; it completely masks their beauty.

So my point is, make-ups are not meant for every lady. The African woman was created beautiful; with amazing finishing and every feature factory fitted by God. So my dear lady, find out what works for you! Could be just a little powder to keep your face dry, a little lotion to keep your lips moist. But if you must do the whole eyebrows, eye shadow, foundation and all, then good luck with those, and while you are at it, at least be modest. By the way, guess I should let you also know that the 'gentlemen' like it natural. Or gentlemen, am I missing anything?

15 comments:

  1. Very well written. I agree with your angle. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Mike.. Modesty is the key..

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. Not all 'gentlemen' like it natural.
    B. Maybe some ladies do, but not all ladies use makeup attract men. makeup gives u a certain feeling of class and sophistication
    C. True that many ladies use too many products on their face at the same time and this gives them a certain 'caked' look, that's because they don't know the proper way to use them. People that do not understand makeup tend to measure how many product are on a girls face wrongly just because she has on eyeshadow, eyebrows, eye lashes, highlighting and contouring,... But let's look at it this way, it's not about the amount of makeup u put on, it's about how u blend and match your colours, I can use a primer, pro conceal, foundation, concealer, contour, highlight, setting spray and ill still look natural, how? All I need to do is throw on a little nude eyeshadow and nude lipstick, scanty false lashes and I'll look more natural than the girl who just used foundation, powder, BLUE eyeshadow and red lipstick.

    So basically, I don't think the problem is that girls r masking their true beauty with makeup, I think the advice that should be given here is that, if u love makeup, then learn to do it properly and know how not to look like a blown.. And if you dobt love makeup, then good luck to you. But it should be a personal choice and not something imposed by a blog or by any man somewhere who tells you that he likes it natural...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its true .. Too much of everything is not good. I'm a lady and even I know some ladies over do it, some can't even step out of their houses without making up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice write up Mr. Mike 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good write up. Personally,i'm not a make up freak but I always appreciate good makeup whenever I see it. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right: the "gentlemen" like it natural. Nice write-up young Dr Myk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one.. Sure every gentleman loves it natural but hey gentleman you probably know she was a makeup person before saying hello to her...

    You can use makeup but it should suit your complexion, your person and function... And of course it shouldn't be a daily affair,prolly once in 3weeks or as led....

    ReplyDelete
  10. On point my Dr. We (the female folks)need to know that we are beautiful,and also work on our self esteem to maintain that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful piece again!
    You just stated the truth sweetly!
    Ride on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ur position on d subject is gud.
    bt den some men claim dey dont like women who wear makeup yet end up with a woman with serious makeup combinations skills, i jus wonder wat happened to not like women with makeup did dey change, forget or have double standards?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Natural is always best. Makeup does help to engage beauty but if used wrongly, it CA become a form of deception.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read. I will like to hear from you, kindly leave me your thoughts.

It is POssible!

This one is going to be really short, so you can read all of it in 60 seconds. I have delayed writing anything about this election until now...