Saturday 22 June 2024

#At 16

This was a trending topic on X recently. I decided to see what had gone right or wrong, and for who, at 16 🤦‍♂️ Fortunately, it was the, maybe not very new, tale of Lamine Yamal; a 16 year old Spanish boy, born in July 13, 2007, and already playing professional football for the Barcelona football club (I hope I got that right), and for the Spanish national team. Quite intimidating and exceptional feat to have achieved at that age to be fair. 👏🏽👏🏽

Trust X users na, they jumped on the trend with orishirishi comments (you can hurry to X and see for yaself before I forget the main gist) 😊🙏🏽

So all of these just made me go back memory lane to when I was 16. To be honest, I can’t even remember much from that part of my life, that’s how uneventful it was. I think I was somewhere in Senior Secondary School battling with GCE or WAEC at the time, and dreaming of having a PhD at 25. For someone who is not emotionally stable, they can be put down by Yamal’s accomplishments ‘at 16’ in comparison to theirs. Thankfully, that is not me. 

I eventually had a PhD at 26, but along the line I also wanted more. At 35, I am still pursuing ‘more’, some of which others have achieved way before 25 or even 30. So, I have a message for myself really, but maybe someone else may also hear something for them as well.

Everyone is on a ‘journey’ through life, some decide to take shortcuts to get to certain milestone faster, others take the long haul and still get to these milestones faster than me, and that’s okay too. As long as I keep grinding legitimately, and I am happy in the journey, that’s all that matters. So whether it’s 16, or 25, or 35, or 50, or even 60, I’ll keep grinding and stay happy. Yes, I dey motivate myself once once, this life too hard abeg! 🤦‍♂️

Big ups to Lamine Yamal, and all the Yamals in the making, maybe not today, but eventually it will all make sense. So keep grinding, no pressure! 💪🏽 

#myksjournal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read. I will like to hear from you, kindly leave me your thoughts.

Trump’s Attempted Assassination: The ‘Morning’ After.

Photo Credit: Not mine Attempted and successful assassinations, as well as assassination plots against the US President are not a new dynami...